Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thrown together Chicken Pot Pie

Sometimes the best meals come from the frantic scramble of  the "What's for dinner" text from my husband. I've been trying really hard to plan ahead and be prepared. This particular day just got away from me and I found myself in the kitchen staring blankly into the cabinet. I had chicken thawed and knew it had to be used. This is what I came up with, my version of Chicken Pot Pie. 

Everyone loved it, even those who don't like normal chicken pot pie. I sprayed  my Pampered Chef baker with Coconut Oil and lined it with crescent rolls along the sides and bottom. In a large bowl i mixed chicken (cooked & shredded), cream of chicken soup, green beans & carrots (both canned), sweet peppers, onion, and Pampered Chef spices in Garlic Rub, Bell Pepper Herb, and Rosemary Herb. I only measured the Rosemary and it was about 1/8 tsp. A little goes a long way with it. Mixed it all with a splash of milk and poured on top of the crescent rolls and sprinkled cheese over it all. Then I rolled out a few Grands Cheese biscuits and used my pizza cutter to cut into strips and layer in a lattice type pattern over the top. Baked at 350 until the biscuits were done and it was heated through out and Voila' dinner is done. 

We will make this again. Not bad for a thrown together last minute dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.