Sunday, November 8, 2015

A snake encounter...*pictures*

Today a few conquered their fear of snakes. Okay, conquered may be a bit of an exageration..... faced is better. Our oldest had a friend over for church and as he is new to the area we decided to take him to the local bug museum. It was actually a really neat place. Everything from scorpions, turtles, hissing cockroaches (EWW!) to Albino Burmese Pythons. 
I thought these Purple Moon Crabs were really pretty. I never knew crabs came in purple. 


Those are hard to see so here is a picture I found online. They are really quite pretty, for a crab that is. 


After we walked around a bit we entered the Reptile Room... snakes and lizards oh my. I've always been one to think bigger is better when it comes to snakes. The bigger they are the easier they are to spot. Great until you are in a room with glass cases all around full of snakes and legless lizards. The owner did get out "Jigsaw". He was a Ball Python. Not real big, but very calm and used to being handled. I only got pictures of two of my girls and my hubby holding him. My oldest did it before we were there and she wasn't doing it again after that, lol. 

Tinka was brave and let the owner put him around her neck. She was great until the owner played a joke and told her he was color blind  but as long as she wasn't wearing pink she was safe. He said "Jigsaw" didn't like the color pink. Her face turned red, her voice turned high and she said "My whole dress is pink".  It was a time of laughter when he then said he was just joking. 

Tinka holding Jigsaw while listening to his owner (in pic) tell about him. 

My brave hubby. He is terrified of snakes. He made a deal with Tweety that if she held Jigsaw so would he. He's a daddy of his word :)

Tweety was the most scared as you can see on her face. The video was hilarious! I'm so proud of her for facing this fear. Will she ever do it again,, not likely!  Yet she did today. A life lesson in courage: Being afraid and doing it anyway. She has big plans for her future and she will face many things that may be fears. I hope she remembers this day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.